The priority of all dog lovers is to keep a dog healthy and happy. You can keep a dog happy by simply fulfilling his needs which include letting him play as long as he wants and play with him. But it also requires keeping him clean and sharp. In earlier days, people used to think that it is not necessary to bathe a dog unless he gets dirty. But not anymore, as people are more curious to know that how often a dog needs bath. People like to keep their lovable companions neat and clean all the times.Moreover, bathing also helps a dog to stay healthy, sharp and active.
The simplest and straight forward answer to the question that how often you should bathe your dog is that there is no specific need for bathing a dog if he is healthy. If he has some skin problem, you should consult a vet immediately for a proper treatment and to know that how often your dog should take shower. But bathing periods may vary from one dog to another depending on the breed and their skin. If your dog is completely healthy and have no skin problems, bathing him even once a month can be fine for him.
But if your dog has an oily coat, bathing him once a month will not be sufficient. Such dogs require more frequent bathing to keep them clean. Bathing a dog with oily skin once a week is more suitable. A Basset Hound is a good example of dogs with oily coat.
There are different dog breeds that have water repellent coat. The Great Pyrenees and Golden Retriever are such dogs who have water repellent coat. These breeds do not require frequent baths. Bathing the dogs less frequently can also help in preserving their natural oils. If you have a dog with a smooth coat and short hair, you may not have to bathe him frequently. Weimaraners, Basenjis and Beagles are the popular examples of such dogs.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in dog products, you must visit Doggie of the Day on Amazon to have a look at the variety of available dog products. It is a credible store that is offering high quality products at very reasonable price. Even if you are into fine art, you can find sketch, watercolor canvas and numerous other paintings that belong to the world renowned artist Cassius Marcellus Coolidge.
How often a dog needs bath?
Everyone loves neat and clean pets and things are more demanding when you have a fine breed puppy. He needs to look more clean and handsome while walking with you in the park or having any drink with colleagues. Not every dog is trained to stay neat and clean and it might require regular grooming so you could get its sketch made anytime. One of the best ways is to take it to the pet saloon and get it groomed there but many dogs don’t like that much rush around and a strange environment can make them feel scared. This is where you come into responsibility. Do you know how to give a dog a bath in a cool and calm manner that refreshes both of you? NO? Well, that’s more of a simple thing. We’d let you know some tips and tricks on how to give a dog a bath easily. It isn’t a bluff!
We are going to share some simple to-dos and not-to-dos while giving your puppy a bath like an artist making a watercolor painting. It would help you develop an association with your favorite pet. Let’s take a look at what you should do and what you should not!
- Bathing for the first time might not be a good experience. In order to develop an association, keep praising and loving your dog throughout the bathing procedure.
- Most dogs tend to shake to shun off water and it might spoil the surrounding. Place one of your hands on the back of the neck and it would keep calm. On the other hand, holding one ear also works.
- Use dog nail clippers to cut the extra nails right after the bath as nails would be soft then and won’t hurt.
- Let the dog dry first before heading it to its dog house. Make sure they don’t stay wet especially in a cold weather as it might be harmful to their health.
- Dogs don’t need baths as frequent as we do. Bathing once a month is more than good.
- Small dogs are prone to choking when water enters their noses. So make sure you take care of it.
- Always use lukewarm water to give a bath. Cold water below 16 C is never recommended as most of the dogs with little fur, younger age, weak body and little fat can’t bear that much of cold.
- Use shampoo and soap formulated only for the dogs. Never use a human intended soap.
- Keep all of the bathing accessories neat and clean and keep the surrounding area free of any dangerous materials.
- Keep the water away from dog ear as it might cause ear infection if it enters it.
When it comes to dog grooming and facilitation, we have got some surprise for you on Doggie of the Day on Amazon. Check out great pieces of collections that would be loved by your dog!
How to give a dog a bath