Everyone loves neat and clean pets and things are more demanding when you have a fine breed puppy. He needs to look more clean and handsome while walking with you in the park or having any drink with colleagues. Not every dog is trained to stay neat and clean and it might require regular grooming so you could get its sketch made anytime. One of the best ways is to take it to the pet saloon and get it groomed there but many dogs don’t like that much rush around and a strange environment can make them feel scared. This is where you come into responsibility. Do you know how to give a dog a bath in a cool and calm manner that refreshes both of you? NO? Well, that’s more of a simple thing. We’d let you know some tips and tricks on how to give a dog a bath easily. It isn’t a bluff!
We are going to share some simple to-dos and not-to-dos while giving your puppy a bath like an artist making a watercolor painting. It would help you develop an association with your favorite pet. Let’s take a look at what you should do and what you should not!
- Bathing for the first time might not be a good experience. In order to develop an association, keep praising and loving your dog throughout the bathing procedure.
- Most dogs tend to shake to shun off water and it might spoil the surrounding. Place one of your hands on the back of the neck and it would keep calm. On the other hand, holding one ear also works.
- Use dog nail clippers to cut the extra nails right after the bath as nails would be soft then and won’t hurt.
- Let the dog dry first before heading it to its dog house. Make sure they don’t stay wet especially in a cold weather as it might be harmful to their health.
- Dogs don’t need baths as frequent as we do. Bathing once a month is more than good.
- Small dogs are prone to choking when water enters their noses. So make sure you take care of it.
- Always use lukewarm water to give a bath. Cold water below 16 C is never recommended as most of the dogs with little fur, younger age, weak body and little fat can’t bear that much of cold.
- Use shampoo and soap formulated only for the dogs. Never use a human intended soap.
- Keep all of the bathing accessories neat and clean and keep the surrounding area free of any dangerous materials.
- Keep the water away from dog ear as it might cause ear infection if it enters it.
When it comes to dog grooming and facilitation, we have got some surprise for you on Doggie of the Day on Amazon. Check out great pieces of collections that would be loved by your dog!