Keeping a dog healthy and happy are among the top priorities of all dog owners. That requires certain tasks to be performed. One of the tasks is taking proper care of the food your dog is having. Usually, all the dog owners do take care of the food they are feeding them. But there are some people who do not bother and let the dogs eat whatever they want. There are many people who even let their dogs enjoy alcoholic drinks without knowing if alcohol is bad for dogs or just fine.
Alcohol is Toxic to Dogs:
Alcohol consumption is not safe for dogs as it contains such ingredients that are toxic to them. It can cause very serious health problems to a dog if he is drinking alcoholic beverages. A wine has grapes as the main ingredient that is known as unsafe for dogs. It can cause some serious reactions in a dog. So you have to keep your dog away from it. Some people say that beer can be fine as it contains less amount of alcohol. But fact of the matter is that it is not safe at all. Other than alcohol, it contains yeast, grain and hops. Hops are known to be harmful to most of the dogs and can cause serious physical reaction.
Effects on Central Nervous System:
Consuming alcohol affects the nervous system of dogs and causes depression. Like the effects in humans, the dogs get dozy and slow down. It can even lose the senses and coordination. Their body chemistry may start to alter and can cause a drop in body temperature. The alterations in body chemistry can even lead to metabolic acidosis. If the dog has consumed higher volume of alcohol it can cause heart rate and breathing to slow down because of the extreme effects on dog’s nervous system. It can even result in a cardiac arrest and your dog can die if he is not treated immediately.
Alcohol poisoning can cause drowsiness, problem in standing, vomiting, slow breath rate, unresponsiveness and excessive urination. If you think that the dog has the poisoning, you should immediately take him to see a vet before it reaches irrecoverable stage.
If you own a dog, you must be looking for various dog items. Doggie of the Day on Amazon is a reliable and popular store on Amazing that features numbers of attractive products. Whether you are looking for Dogs playing poker game by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge or a nice mug with a dog face, you can visit the store for quality products.
Is Alcohol Bad for Dogs?
One of the major hassles all dog owners have to go through is feeding a young puppy.When you walk into a pet store, you can find a large number of dog foods. It can make you think that feeding a puppy is quite easy, but it is not. There are various things you have to consider including what goes into your puppy’s tummy, how many times in a day and how much each time.
Feeding schedule is important for your puppy as a puppy eats a lot. A puppy usually needs to eat 2 to 4 times in a day from his birth to until he gets to the age of six months. He will require meals 3 to 4 times in a day when he is 8 to 12 weeks old. He may not require that many times to eat at the age so feeding him twice a day is also suitable but only if it seems enough for your puppy. If you are feeding him two times in a day, you will have to increase the quantity of food so that it equals to the food you would have normally fed him. When he is six months old, he should be getting meals twice a day and you should gradually start reducing the amount of food in each meal.
Quantity of Food for Each Meal:
The quantity of food varies according to the age of your puppy. You can find the guidelines on the food bag that you have got for your puppy. Observing your puppy’s tummy can also let you know that how much is enough for him. If he leaves food behind in his bowl, it means that you are giving him more than what he needs. You should start reducing it until he eats it all and leaves nothing behind.
There are various puppy foods available in the market manufactured by different companies under different brands. Puppies require different food formulas at different ages so select the right food according to your puppy’s age. Not all of the foods are healthy for your puppy. So make sure that you are selecting the one that meets nutrients standards of growth set by AAFCO.
If you are a dog owner and looking for some dog products to decorate your house, have a look at Doggie of the Day on Amazon .It is a reliable online store that has a huge variety of premium quality dog products for you to select from.
Feeding a Young Puppy
Do you love your dog playing games? Of course you do and every dog owner does. This is where dog owners share many foods items with their dogs. They aren’t aware of unhealthy as well as fine foods for dogs. They don’t know a simple food item can pose health threats and serious dangers. The dogs aren’t made to eat everything others do. Also they can’t play poker! ROFL! They have their own bodies and metabolisms that work their own ways.
If you really love your pup, you should know what the unhealthy foods for dogs are so that you never ever make a mistake of feeding those items to your pooch. Let’s take a look at the common unhealthy foods for dogs. Here we go:
- Baby food is a human food and not fit for dogs. Although it might sound soft and easy to digest but it isn’t meant for puppies. A baby food with onion powder can pose health threats. Moreover, baby food doesn’t provide all the necessary food nutrients required by a dog.
- Chewing gums are really bad for dogs as they can choke. Moreover, Xylitol, commonly found in the chewing gums is not good for dogs as it can accentuate the insulin levels in a dog. The same rule applies with the candies as they also contain Xylitol.
- Chocolate sounds yummy and tasty but only for the humans. Chocolate is more of a poison for the dogs. A chocolate can cause diarrhea and vomiting, in addition to being risky to the nervous system.
- Mushrooms are a bit confusing as they have different types. Some are good but some are really dangerous. As you don’t know what mushrooms can be fed to your dog, you should better avoid them.
- Tobacco is never recommended as it contains high amounts of Nicotine. Nicotine usually not seriously problematic for humans, it poses serious health issues when administered to dogs.
- Spoiled or rotten foods are usually given by the dog owners to their dogs. As they have mold and bacteria in a big amount, they can be dangerous to dog health and thus should be avoided.
- Raw bones are good for the dogs as they are stiff and dogs like licking them but a cooked bone can splinter while chewing and choking can occur. This is where cooked bones should be avoided.
- Some people administer dairy products to their dogs thinking it would keep them healthy but Lactose found in the milk and dairy products is hard to digest for the dogs.
- Alcohol is really dangerous to the dogs and excessive amount of it can lead to the dog death.
- Fruits and vegetables like onions, plums, grapes, apple seeds, etc are also unhealthy foods for dogs.
How do you love your dog other than feeding it? You make it sketches, play games with it, make drawings for it, etc. You might be looking for some of the great gifts ideas showing your love for dogs, check out Doggie of the Day on Amazon to enjoy some really big treats.
Unhealthy Foods for Dogs